Colored Pencil 1 Class -
This class will cover a variety of techniques using colored pencils. Not only will we cover The ever-popular Gamsol or Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS) technique but we will explore other blending methods as well to help you achieve a range of looks in your finished artwork. In addition we will cover shading techniques and discuss how to determine your light source and work WITH that light source while coloring to achieve a dynamic finished image.
CLASS is video based with matching printable materials. There will be homework/assignments (optional) and bi-monthly chats to discuss the class and techniques with Marti!
Instructor is Marti Wills
It is that time again...SUMMERTIME! Starting May 25th thru August 24th the CMC Classroom will run its summertime sale! This means all my Copic Classes are marked down and some of the other instructors on the site will be marking their classes down as well!
Summer is a perfect time to delve into some crafting classes...lazy days coloring and crafting...can you imagine it? LOL and remember when you sign up you get 1 full year to do the class...starting when you decide...so if you want to buy classes now but wait to start until September...well you can do that too! Class starts once you sign into the classroom so you can wait as long as you like and still get your full year!!
Class PRICE: reg $45 SALE PRICE is $40
(when you register for class you get 1 year to access it and the materials)
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THE USER AGREEMENT AT TOP OF SITE BEFORE REGISTERING, once you pay you acknowledge the user agreement terms.
By registering you agree to the USER AGREEMENT linked in the tab area above or HERE so make sure you read it carefully...there are no refunds on classes once payment is received per the terms of the agreement.
Covered material will include:
- Colored pencils - brands, types, prices, differences
- Paper and other materials for use with a variety of colored pencil techniques
- In depth lessons on achieving realistic hair color and skin tones
- Coloring basic images - people as well as other items
- Color blending to achieve different looks
- Homework assignments will be checked weekly
- Bi-Monthly discussion/live chat for help with lesson materials, answering questions and sharing discoveries along the way!
Supplies used - you can wait until class starts before buying things if you want more details or have questions.
- Colored Pencils - Prismacolor pencils are used in the class however, any brand will work just know the color names will be different. I will help you match up colors if needed
- Prisma colors used:
- Colorless Blender Pencil, Colorless Blender Marker (optional), Odorless Mineral Spirits/Goo Gone/Baby Oil (I prefer Goo Gone as a solvent based blender), Blending Stumps (Tortillions),
- Paper - Most white cardstock will work. I recommend a variety as the surface smoothness makes a difference. You will want at least one choice that is NOT super slick and smooth as this type will not work with some of the blending methods taught.
- Pencil Sharpener (preferably electric)
- Workable Fixative (Krylon, in a spray can similar to spray paint)
- Dusting Brush (I use a hake brush but there are cheaper needs - needs to be large and soft.)
- Nail File
- Stamps and Black Dye Ink
Stamps Used (you do not need to have these stamps/use something you have that is similar):
- Lilly of the Valley – Glamorous Gardening,
- Victoria Case for SCACD – Call Me,
- Close T o My Heart – Piece of Cake,
- Peachy Keen – Funny Flowers
- Two Scoops Rice Design - Garden Fairy Trio,
- All That Scraps – Cherry Emma, Heidi Among the Flowers,
- Pollycraft – Tiddly Wings Little Friend,
- Pink Petticoat – Sugar,
- The Greeting Farm - Chibi Lolli,
- Sketching Stamper - Vicky
- Pollycraft – Tiddley Wings Pot,
- The Greeting Farm – Chibi Spain & Chibi India,
- Mo Manning – Dante’s Drum & Fans Cricket